Saturday 4 May 2013

The Sanctuary House - London


If only someone could make a Spotify-style app for eating out - a service which took your likes and preferences and suggested similar venues.

Sure, it would sap the fun out of discovering new places under your own steam, but it would save a huge amount of wasted time and reduce the number of 'well that's one meal I ain't getting back'.

Of course, this time I could have used my intuition and read the signs. The grey-haired patrons clinking their cutlery in rhyme. The elderly just don't know a bad pub when they see it.
It's difficult to know where to start with The Sanctuary House - a pub and hotel owned by Fuller's brewery. The disinterested bar staff and the spelling mistake riddled menu (substainable fish fingers?) would be a good place. The pie though - advertised in large letters on the door - was incredibly bad. On the table so fast I could still hear the ring of the ping from the microwave. A hideously salty and jaw-strainingly chewy beef an ale filling, accompanied by cold chips and undercooked vegetables.

And that's where I'll finish. Next time I'm caught out somewhere unfamiliar, I'll go home for toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment